Recent Call Seminar – Appellate Practice
Date: March 27, 2017
RECORDED ON – Monday, March 27, 6:15 to 9:45 p.m., at the FCP Gallery, First Canadian Place, 100 King Street West, Toronto
The CLA Recent Call Event: Defending Those Charged with Sexual Offences program held on March 27, 2017 has been accredited for 1 hr 15 min of Professionalism Content.
The first panel comprised of appellate judges and senior members of the appellate bar and focused on tips for good appellate advocacy, with a focus on advice for recent calls. The second panel is made up of respected appellate counsel (defence and Crown) who are no longer recent calls, but not far off, and offered their perspectives on appellate strategy and oral and written advocacy.
The following are the panels:
- Justice Ahktar, Superior Court of Justice
- Justice K. Campbell, Superior Court of Justice
- Enzo Rondinelli, Lafontaine and Associates
- Jill Presser, Presser Barristers
- Erin Dann, Erin Dann Barristers
- Megan Savard, Addario Law Group LLP
- Megan Stephens of Crown Law Office Criminal (720)
- FREE for current CLA members
- $25 plus HST for non-members
Emond Publishing provided the following to IN PERSON attendees:
- Criminal Appeals order forms with a 20% discount offer to attendees
- 25 Hard-copy business card sized pieces that contain unique promo codes for the 50% off of the Criminal Appeals E-book
- 1 hard copy of the Criminal Appeals book for a raffle during the event.