2021 CLA Spring VIRTUAL Conference
Date: Saturday, June 5, 2021
Saturday, June 5, 2021, 8:30 a.m. to 2:10 p.m. ET, LIVE WEBCAST
- One hour and 10 minutes of Professionalism content.
- This program contains 25 minutes of EDI Professionalism Content.
- Three hours and 10 minutes substantive (if hours are not needed for professional they can be added to substantive)
Plus: Approved for LAWPRO’s Risk Management Credit
Conference Agenda and Speakers:
8 to 8:30 a.m. IT SUPPORT & Networking
- Cassandra DeMelo, Vice President, Criminal Lawyers’ Association
- Keli Mersereau, Director, Criminal Lawyers’ Association
- Moderator: Royland Moriah, MacGregor Moriah Horic LLP
- Justice Patrice Band, Ontario Court of Justice
- Dr. Janet Ellis, Department of Psychiatry, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Lisa Henderson, Assistant Crown Attorney · Attorney General
- Dan Stein, Criminal Lawyer
- Delmar Doucette, Doucette Furgiuele Ruffo
- Jamie Klukach, General Counsel, Crown Law Office Criminal
10:38 to 10:47 a.m. BREAK/NETWORKING
- Elena Ashford, Siskinds LLP (2018) – The impact of Covid on immigration consequences for accused persons
- Danielle D’Alonzo, Snow Lawyers Professional Corporation (2019) – The impact of Covid on trials
- Tonya Kent (2016) – The impact of Covid on guilty pleas
- Maya Kotob, Anita Szigeti Advocates (2018) – The impact of Covid on Fitness and NCR
- Artem Orlov (2020) – The impact of Covid on bail
11:26 a.m. to 12:17 p.m. WHEN TO UNMUTE – Incompetent Counsel Claims from the Perspective of Counsel for the Claimant, Counsel for the Impugned Lawyer, and the Impugned Lawyer
FOUR MINUTE BREAK/NETWORKING IN BETWEEN PRESENTATION RECORDING AND LIVE Q&A
- Alan Gold, Alan D. Gold Professional Corporation, CLA Past President
- Barry Raftery, B.A.Sc., P.Eng., Forensic Engineer
- Sanho Tree, Fellow at the Institute for Policy Studies
- Access to the live broadcast (details will be sent to registrations at least 48 hours prior to the event date to the email used when registering. It is up to the registrant to make sure they have the access information. Be sure to check spam/junk/promotions folders.
- Access to the Virtual hub – agenda, materials and recordings for up to 30-days after the conference will be available.
- Opportunity to ask speakers questions.
- Virtual networking with fellow registrants.
- There are no refunds.
- The CLA will not be selling the Spring Conference recordings.materials. Only those that register for the live webcast will have access.