2021 CLA Spring VIRTUAL Conference
Date: Saturday, June 5, 2021
Saturday, June 5, 2021, 8:30 a.m. to 1:35 p.m. ET, LIVE WEBCAST
Conference Agenda and Speakers:
8 to 8:30 a.m. IT SUPPORT
- Cassandra DeMelo, Vice President, Criminal Lawyers’ Association
- Keli Mersereau, Director, Criminal Lawyers’ Association
- Moderator: Royland Moriah, MacGregor Moriah Horic LLP
- Justice Patrice Band, Ontario Court of Justice
- Dr. Janet Ellis, Department of Psychiatry, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Lisa Henderson, Assistant Crown Attorney · Attorney General
- Dan Stein, Criminal Lawyer
- Delmar Doucette, Doucette Santoro Furgiuele
- Jamie Klukach, General Counsel, Crown Law Office Criminal
10:15 to 10:30 a.m. Break
- Elena Ashford, Siskinds LLP (2019) – The impact of Covid on immigration consequences for accused persons
- Danielle D’Alonzo, Snow Lawyers Professional Corporation (2019) – The impact of Covid on trials
- Tonya Kent (2016) – The impact of Covid on guilty pleas
- Maya Kotob, Anita Szigeti Advocates (2018) – The impact of Covid on Fitness and NCR
- Artem Orlov (2020) – The impact of Covid on bail
- Alan Gold, Alan D. Gold Professional Corporation, CLA Past President
- Barry Raftery, B.A.Sc., P.Eng., Forensic Engineer
- Sanho Tree, Fellow at the Institute for Policy Studies
- Access to the live broadcast (details will be sent to registrations at least 48 hours prior to the event date to the email used when registering. It is up to the registrant to make sure they have the access information. Be sure to check spam/junk/promotions folders.
- Access to the Virtual hub – agenda, materials and recordings for up to 30-days after the conference will be available.
- Opportunity to ask speakers questions.
- Virtual networking with fellow registrants.
- There are no refunds.
- The CLA will not be selling the Spring Conference recordings.materials. Only those that register for the live webcast will have access.
Pricing before HST is:
Senior CLA Full/Observer and Affiliate Members: $25
Junior CLA Full/Observer Member: $20
CLA Student members: $15
Non-member lawyers and students: $125
- Register online with credit card payment by going to https://members.criminallawyers.ca/event-4249436
- Call the CLA office during business hours to register with credit card payment – call 416-214-9875.
This conference attracts 300 to 700 legal professionals and students from across Ontario. We have three sponsor levels available. Custom packages are also available.
Please email [email protected] if interested in any of the opportunities below.
Recent Call Support:
- Five opportunities at $300 each
- Company name on website
- Recognition in opening and closing remarks
- Company name at bottom of Virtual Hub Page
- Five complimentary registrations extended to CLA member recent calls (called in 2014 or after) to be extended by draw by the CLA office