ASK ME ANYTHING SPEAKER SERIES: FEATURING ANITA SZIGETI
Date: Friday, February 12, 1:15 to 2:15 p.m ET. via Zoom
The CLA Women’s Committee is proud to present the first of several interactive conversations that highlight fantastic female lawyers and provides an opportunity for you to learn from their experience.
About Anita Szigeti:
LEADER: President of Law and Mental Disorder Association (LAMDA.) Board Member of the National Association for Rights Protection and Advocacy (NARPA), Board Member, Pilot Place, Former CLA Toronto Director, Former Chair, current member of CLA’s Mental Disorder Committee, former Chair of Mental Health Legal Committee (MHLC) and Legal Aid’s Mental Health Policy Advisory Committee.
ADVOCATE: Mental Health Lawyer. Litigating before tribunals, in Appellate Courts, at Coroner’s Inquests, All Day Every Day.
EXPERIENCE: 28 years.
TEACHER: U of T Law Faculty – Trial Advocacy, Forensic Psychiatric Resident training. Educates Lawyers, Doctors, Judges, Coroners, Families, Clients, Everybody.
CO-AUTHOR: Three Books.Guide to Consent and Capacity Law in Ontario,Halsbury’s Mental Health Law, anda Guide to Mental Disorder in Criminal Justice Mattersnew in 2020.
MOTHER: Argues endlessly with two teenagers.
DRINKS: Pour-over coffee and oat-milk cappuccino, each made lovingly at home.
GOALS: Liberate detained clients!!
MOTTO: “I never dreamed I’d grow up to be a super-cute lawyer-mom but here I am killing it.” (favourite coffee mug)
- A link to access the live virtual event will be included in your registration confirmation. Be sure to check your spam/junk folder. If you have not received the link to the webcast by 9 a.m., February 12, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. It is the responsibility of the registrant to make sure they have the access information.
- A It is up to each registrant to ensure they have a strong internet connection prior to the event. Please be sure to test before 1:15 p.m. on the day of the event.
- Chrome is the best browser for accessing the event. Should you have any issues accessing the event, please try:
- Refresh your browser;
- Try an incognito window;
- Close any programs/windows other than the webcast;
- Check your firewall settings as they may be preventing access to the webcast.
- The CLA will do its best to manage any IT issues during the webcast, but please note that individual participant computer settings and internet connection are out of our control. We will do our best to assist when possible. Should you experience any issues while the webcast is happening, please email email@example.com and we will do our best to assist right away.