Anxiety in the time of COVID-19
Over the last 10+ weeks into isolation, we understand our members are being impacted on many levels. With mounting financial pressures, anxiety levels might be rising amongst our colleagues. There is no shame in reaching out to friends and even to mental health professionals – there are lots of resources/suggestions out there, including:
1. LSO’s Member Assistance Program – http://www.myassistplan.com
2. Don’t be afraid to reach out to a fellow CLA member, executive member or board member.
3. There are several CLA members offering free social events (via Zoom), mindfulness sessions and more. Most are being communicated on the CLA Listserv. Check them out!
4. If you are able to, regular exercise is a must for mental health. Go for a walk, bike ride, group virtual training, etc. There are a lot of free (or inexpensive) and safe options available.
5. Canada Government Resources:
We are here for you all as an organization. There are many resources – many free – that can help all of us get through this time.