June 4 – CLA Town Hall to Discuss the Criminal Courts and COVID-19
Date: Thursday, June 4 at 10 to 11:30 a.m. ET
Getting us back to Court
From our Justice system leaders
Do you have questions about how our court system will safely open in the wake of COVID-19?
Join us on Thursday, June 4 at 10 to 11:30 a.m. ET for a special Town-Hall with the Attorney General of Ontario, the Honourable Doug Downey, Chief Justice of the Superior Court of Justice, the Honourable Geoffrey Morawetz, and Chief Justice of the Ontario Court of Justice, the Honourable Lise Maisonneuve. Hear from each on what is happening and what you can expect.
This will be a live webcast (no phone option) and is FREE of charge to all CLA members.
- Do NOT record this sessions – a recording will likely NOT be available afterwards.
- Details to access the live webcast will be sent to registrants to the email used when registering at least 48 hours prior to the event. Be sure to check your spam folder! If you are not able to locate the access information by 9 a.m., the day of the event, please email [email protected]. It is the responsibility of the registrant to make sure they have the access information.
- A “Chat” function will be available during portions of the webcast for registrants to submit questions. Time permitting, a moderator will do their best to address questions to the speakers.
- It is up to each registrant to ensure they have a strong internet connection prior to the event. Please be sure to test before 10 a.m. on the day of the event.
- When accessing the event, please be sure to have your microphone on mute.
- The CLA will do its best to manage any IT issues during the webcast, but please note that individual participant computer settings and internet connection are out of our control.
- Limit the number of programs/software/windows open on your device. If possible, only have the Webcast link open.
- Restart your device if not working and try again.
- Webcast will perform best on a laptop or desktop that has a current internet browser (chrome ideal, but not required). The webcast will work on iphones/tablets/smartphones, but will be more sensitive to surroundings.
- Make sure your computer “sleep” mode is off during the session.
- Most technical issues will be resolved by refreshing the broadcast or re-opening the check-in link.
Open to all! Register online for free by going to https://members.criminallawyers.ca/event-3859340