CLA Women’s Committee “Ask Me Anything with Shaunna Kelly”
Date: Friday, August 27, 2021, 1:15 to 2:15 (ish) p.m.
The CLA Women’s committee presents an interactive conversation featuring a successful female lawyer who will share her insight and provide you with an opportunity to learn from her experience.
DATE: Friday, August 27, 2021
TIME: 1:15 to 2:15 (ish) p.m.
FEATURED LAWYER: Shaunna Kelly
FACILITATOR: Naomi Sayers, Ozaawaagiizis’okwe
Shaunna Kelly is Irish-Canadian/Anishinaabe: Mississauga First Nation – She was called to the bar in 2009 and is from Sudbury, Ontario. A graduate of Queens University, Shaunna Kelly is a principal lawyer with CCSK Criminal Law. Much of her work focuses on representing members of the urban Indigenous community in Toronto. She is an elected Toronto Area Director to the Criminal Lawyers’ Association (2019), Gladue Court Representative to the Criminal Lawyers’ Association (2015) and co-chair of the Indigenous Committee with the Criminal Lawyers’ Association. She volunteers on other various committees, including the criminal advisory committee with Legal Aid Ontario and is involved in the development of the Gladue Courts for the New Toronto Courthouse.
This event is open only to females, those that identify as female, two spirited persons and non-binary persons, Indigenous lawyers and law students – FREE OF CHARGE. Register online by going to https://members.criminallawyers.ca/event-4419977
- A link to access the live virtual event will be included in your registration confirmation. Be sure to check your spam/junk folder. If you have not received the link to the webcast by noon of the day of the event, please email [email protected] It is the responsibility of the registrant to make sure they have the access information.
- It is up to each registrant to ensure they have a strong internet connection prior to the event. Please be sure to test before the event start time on the day of the event.
- Chrome is the best browser for accessing the event. Should you have any issues accessing the event, please try:
- Refresh your browser;
- Try an incognito window;
- Close any programs/windows other than the webcast;
- Check your firewall settings as they may be preventing access to the webcast.
- The CLA will do its best to manage any IT issues during the webcast, but please note that individual participant computer settings and internet connection are out of our control. We will do our best to assist when possible. Should you experience any issues while the webcast is happening, please email [email protected] and we will do our best to assist right away.