7th Annual Virtual CLA & LAMDA Mental Health Conference
Date: Saturday, March 26, 2022
The 2022 Mental Health Conference will be 100% virtual this year.
Saturday, March 26, 2022, 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. ET
- Professionalism Hours: 1 hour
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Hours: 30 minutes
- Substantive Hours: 2 hours and 35 minutes (if hours are not needed for EDI and/or professionalism they can be added to substantive)
Agenda and Speakers:
- 8:30 to 9 a.m.: IT support
- 9 to 9:03 a.m.: Welcome by Jessyca Greenwood, Assistant Secretary, Criminal Lawyers’ Association
- 9:03 to 9:43 a.m.: Fitness Primer – Theory and Practice – back to basics
- 9:43 to 10:28 a.m.: NCR Primer – Theory and Practice – back to basics
- 10:28 to 10:43 a.m.: BREAK
- 10:43 to 11:17 a.m.: What does a tough NCR case look like? – R. v. Minassian
- 11:17 to 11:45 a.m.: Challenges and Rewards in Doing MH Work / Criminal or Civil
- 11:45 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.: BREAK
- 12:00 to 12:47 p.m.: Sullivan & Chan and R v. Brown – the problem of extreme intoxication and non-insane automatism – s. 33.1
- 12:47 to 1:27 p.m.: Keynote – Zoë Dodd – Patient prisoners- the problems with mandated drug treatment
- 1:27 to 1:30 p.m.: Closing by Cassandra DeMelo, Vice President, Criminal Lawyers’ Association (London)
- $30 plus HST: CLA Senior Full/Senior Observer/Affiliate Members
- $20 plus HST: CLA Junior Full/Junior Observer Members
- $10 plus HST: CLA Student members
- $30 plus HST: LAMDA members
- $10 plus HST: LAMDA Student members
- $125 plus HST: Non-member lawyers/legal professionals
- $65 plus HST: Non-member students
As a result of the impact of the pandemic on our members, we have reduced the Conference Registrations fees for CLA members, LAMDA members and non-members significantly this year.
Register online by going to https://members.criminallawyers.ca/event-4692970
* Not a current member of the CLA? Find out more about membership by going to https://members.criminallawyers.ca/joinus
There are no refunds.
This is how our Virtual Conference will work:
- Presentations will be live or recorded in advance.
- Registrants will have the opportunity to ask speakers questions LIVE. This will be a fully interactive experience.
- Registration includes access to the Mental Health Conference and links to all materials (will be provided in a Conference Hub for accessing closer to the event date).
- It is up to each registrant to ensure they have a strong internet connection prior to the event. Please be sure to test before 9 a.m. on March 26.
- Access information to the Virtual Hub will be emailed to all registrants at least 48 hours before the start date and will be sent to the email address entered when registering.
- It is up to the registrant to make sure they have the Virtual Hub link and test access before the conference start date. Be sure to check your spam and junk boxes. The CLA is not responsible if you cannot locate the access link or if you have access issues. If you are not able to locate the access information by 9 a.m., March 25, please email email@example.com. It is the responsibility of the registrant to make sure they have the access information.
- Only those that have registered in advance can claim CPD.
- The recordings of the conference MAY be available after the conference and placed on the Virtual Hub page AFTER the conference for registrants to access.
- Access to the Virtual Hub will be open for 30-days for all Conference registrants. We will NOT sell access to the Virtual Hub – it will only be accessible to those that register for the conference in advance.