7th Annual Recent Call Conference
Date: Saturday, October 23, 2021
The 7th Annual Recent Call Conference will be held virtually on Saturday, October 23, 2021, 9 a.m. to 1:15 ET.
The 2021 Recent Call Conference will be 100% virtual this year. This conference is recommended for all lawyers called in 2014 and after as well as students.
- Professionalism Hours: 1 hour and 25 minutes
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Hours: 30 minutes
- Substantive Hours: 2 hours and 10 minutes (if hours are not needed for EDI and/or professionalism they can be added to)
Plus: Approved for LAWPRO’s Risk Management Credit
Topics & Speakers:
IT support: 8:30 to 9 a.m
Welcome: 9 a.m.
- Moderators: Myles Anevich, Hicks Adams LLP (Toronto) & Tasha Donnelly, Donnelly Criminal Law (Windsor)
- Chris Rudnicki, Rusonik, O’Connor, Robbins, Ross & Angelini, LLP (Toronto)
- Janani Shanmuganathan, Goddard Shanamuganathan LLP (Toronto)
- David Tanovich, Professor at the Faculty of Law, University of Windsor (Windsor)
BREAK: 10:25 to 10:40 a.m.
- Moderator: Tonya Kent, Kim Schofield and Associates (Toronto)
- The Honourable Lori Anne Thomas, Ontario Court of Justice
Trial and Error: The Common Blunders we all Encounter – 11:20 a.m. to 12 noon
- Moderator: Madalyn C. Bavaro, JHG CRIMINAL LAW (Toronto)
- R. Craig Bottomley, Bottomley Barristers (Toronto)
- Alison Craig, Lockyer Campbell Posner (Toronto)
- Harpreet Saini, Harpreet Saini Criminal Defence (Brampton)
- Moderator: Sherry Abotossaway, Matthews Dagsvik Law (Thunder Bay)
- George Joseph, Petrone Partners (Thunder Bay)
- Jeff Milligan, Criminal Defence Lawyer (Toronto)
CLOSING: 1:10 p.m.
This is how our Recent Call Virtual Conference will work:
- Presentations will either be recorded in advance with a live Q&A or presentations will be 100% live.
- Registration includes access to the October 23, 2021 Recent Call Conference and links to all materials (will be provided in a Conference Hub for accessing).
- It is up to each registrant to ensure they have a strong internet connection prior to the event. Please be sure to test before 9 a.m. on October 23. Note, recordings played MAY appear delayed if your internet connection is not strong.
- Access information to the Virtual Hub will be emailed to all registrants at least 48 hours before the start date and will be sent to the email address entered when registering.
- It is up to the registrant to make sure they have the Virtual Hub link and test access before the conference start date. Be sure to check your spam and junk boxes. The CLA is not responsible if you cannot locate the access link or if you have access issues. If you are not able to locate the access information by 9 a.m., October 23, please email [email protected].
- Only those that have registered in advance can claim CPD.
- The recordings of the conference MAY be available after the conference and placed on the Virtual Hub page 7 to 10 days after the conference for registrants to access.
- Access to the Virtual Hub will be open for 60-days for all Recent Call Conference registrants. We will NOT sell access to the Virtual Hub – it will only be accessible to those that register for the conference in advance.
- $10 plus HST: CLA Student Members
- $15 plus HST: CLA Junior Active & Junior Observer Members
- $20 plus HST: CLA Senior Active, Senior Observer & Affiliate Members
- $125 plus HST: Non-members*
Register online by going to https://members.criminallawyers.ca/event-4458025 or call the CLA office, Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET) at 416-214-9875 to register over the phone with credit card payment.
* Not a current member of the CLA? Find out more about membership by going to https://members.criminallawyers.ca/joinus
There are no refunds.
Roots of Law